Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday February 24, 2010 at 02:23
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On February 23, 2010 at 19:38, scapegoat for hire said...
Dig- I have a standard rotation of units, and if possible offer a loaner. If not I will walk through the usual suspects to limp them along. On/Off resets have become a staple in the overviews.

Why is this so acceptable? Do you do that with your other brands as well, your AVR's, Speakers, Amps, Matrix Switchers? I know we don't. Nor have I ever needed to.

This is a costly acceptance not only to make sure you have the product on hand to loan out, but also the wasted time doing ridiculous service calls. I haven't had the problems wtih RTI yet, but if I do and feel like I need to have a loaner at all times, I will be moving on. IMO, it makes you look bad and will eventually burn you in the ass with an upset client.

On February 23, 2010 at 19:47, Tom Ciaramitaro said...
This is so bizarre to me. I did warranty work for many, many home electronics manufacturers for 20+ years, and the prospect of unboxing every product to pre-test within 30 days is an unbelievable time drain and overhead expense. Mfrs always used invoice date as date of purchase and things worked smoothly. Bizarre days we live in.

Agreed, even more wasted labor. We're in business to make money, not break even.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse