Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday February 15, 2010 at 14:39
RTI Installer
March 2002
On February 15, 2010 at 12:27, rtiuser said...
This CAN be done... Create a button and name it the City you want as a secondary weather location. Do this on the home page and have it page jump to your current weather page. Right click the button and select edit properties. Select the "Driver Command" tab. Now select "Weather, General, Set Location". Enter your new Zip Code in the "Location" field.

This will do a Push on ALL theather info. You'll have to reverse this to get you original location back.

NOW do I recommend this. It depends on how often you look at this information. If your client is always looking at different locations then I would recommend creating multiple instances of the weather driver so the info loads faster. You WILL have to have multiple instances if you want to view two locations on a single page.

OK this is good. This did not work on the prior version of the software 4 months ago, so they must have fixed it.

However I would never use this feature, as you mentioned you have to flag it back to the prior zip code. By contrast, it is very simple to just load multiple drivers and give them each the corresponding name of the city in question, then its all simple drag and drop from on, this is very easy to work with and it only took me 5 minutes to set up 10 weather drivers.

The new set location feature looks very time consuming and limited in function.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse