The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday February 15, 2010 at 14:14
Papabravo
Lurking Member
January 2010
We have existing products.  We have existing remotes with fixed non-programmable remote command sets.  We have recently added new features to some existing products.  The lead time for producing new fixed remotes is long enough that an interim programmable solution seems practical.

URC, on their website says explicitly that you must go through their reps or distributors in order to gain access to their tools.  When I tired to exercise that channel the "representative" threw up the roadblocks.  He did agree to contact URC on my behalf which he did.  Subsequent to the contact with the representative I posted to this forum and later was contacted by URC directly.  I am entirely satisfied with URC's ultimate response, but their tools are still unsuitable because they would still require a unit to be preconfigured from a Pronto which at the moment is the ONLY unit capable of generating the new IR commands we have added to our products.

Let me be perfectly clear.  URC and any other manufacturer can conduct its business in any way that they see fit.  The "rude snarkiness" came from other forum members in responses to my original post.  URC can include or exclude any segment of the industry they see fit.  At the same time I feel that I am entirely free to report my observations as I see them at the time.  The community is entirely justified in observing and opining on things they see and hear.  None of this is personal, its just business.
We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over.

Hosting Services by ipHouse