Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday February 5, 2010 at 02:12
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm confident that I can work around the AP's and Phones, but I'm going to stick with 433 and if he ends up wanting any type of feedback, he'll have to get an in-wall.

I called RTI Tech support to ask some questions. They said to keep the ZM24, 25 feet away from any WAP's or Cordless phone stations. This is just too much in a City. Sure I can get just to the edge of 25' from the WAP and maybe the phone, but whats in the neighbors house just 10' away? Even then, I felt like once you get it all up and running its pretty stable.

What it came down to is that driving to SF and finding parking can easily be 3 horus round trip just in travel time and I'm not ready to take on service calls like that for free, especially since they really don't need any 2way control with a 65" tv and on screen display for nearly everything these days.

While on the phone with RTI, I asked if there was ANY reason why we should stick with 433 and not do zigbee, he said "no" and that their system has been very stable and reliable in many systems across the country including New York & Chicago.

I then asked that if we put in a Zigbee system and its unstable, if they'd swap it out for the 433 parts.....he said "NO." I guess their confidence in the product isn't that high yet. Of course, he was probably just covering his ass, but to be honest, we don't have the time to spend "troubleshooting" (b/c that's really what it is) the zigbee network to determine its range and where/if more repeaters are needed AND THEN doing it again once the 2nd antenna is installed to see how it has affected the first.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse