The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday February 1, 2010 at 11:52
Papabravo
Lurking Member
January 2010
I'm not trying to circumvent anything.  It is my intention to ivestigate various alternative universal remotes so that we can recommend to our customers and distributors which of the possible universal remotes they might want to consider to take advantage of new commands that have been integrated into our product line.

Subsequent to my original post I was contacted by URC and I have the access to the CCP that I requested.  It still relies on standard codeset databases and learning from an existing remote.  The version that I examined was for the MX-3000.  It comes close, but does not entirely meet my needs as a development engineer.

Logitech is happy to take our specs and update their web interface, but that does not entirely meet my needs either.

It would of course be trivial to implement the device that I need, but who has time to reinvent the wheel.  I'd much prefer to use COTS(Commercial Off the Shelf) technology.

If a Pronto is the only answer, then that was the information I was looking for.

BTW I kind of impressed with your rude snarkiness in questioning my motives.  You guys must be experts at winning friends and influencing people.  Have some nice lives y'all
We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over.

Hosting Services by ipHouse