The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday January 19, 2010 at 23:26
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I also think shutter will be bigger for the home market (harder to do polarization for flat pannels). I never had issues with CRT, but I have issues with DLP, when I look at an image from a DLP projector (even with three pannels) I get a headache as if someone took a vice grip and stuck it in my eye sockets and tightening it. I am assuming it is due to the "flickering" on/off of the mirrors. That has me worried about shutter glasses.

The silver screen is good (not sure if it is critichal though) and I don't have any idea on price. But as for two projectors, the LG mentioned above will supposedly be 10k US$, and let's face it you can get a decent 1080p projector for under 1/3 of that, add that shutter glasses should be more expensive then polarized glasses and I don't think any solution will be cheap in the near future. But for polarization I hope that eventualy we get a, for lack of a better word, dual path projector (one light source, split in two, each go through a Red, blue, green LCD/LCoS, murged together and sent out one iris. Because with two projectors (light sources) each bulb will age diffferently so the projector would need more calibration.

i.e.

light source
|
L/R
/\
colour split
/|\/|\
||| |||
rgbrgb
||| |||
\ /\ /
\ /