Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday January 15, 2010 at 00:00
josep
Lurking Member
December 2009
Dear Kelly,

I just read the response, I thought nobody would answer. Thanks for your answer, I guess the response is yes to your questions. SlingBox has a remote control IR cable that is placed close to the IR point sensor of the device we would like to control. In the software setup there is a possibility to choose from different pre-defined devices, unfortunately most of them are TV's, DVR,s Cable Boxes, etc no home automation devices, there is an option to place custom codes but you need to know the codes for the particular device, when I asked the SlingBox customer service they told me that I had to get these codes for IR543 so I can put the IR cable close to the IR sensor and control with the LsingBox the IR543 and therefore the X10 devices seen by the IR543. The idea is to control using SlingBox because I can see the Box on the Internet and can control the IR remote over the Internet and I could control the X10 devices like that. I have a Harmony 550 and it works with IR543 but I can't control with SlingBox the Harmony 550 directly. So I would like to know how can I get the IR543 codes need to update the database of the SlingBox IR system, if it's possible to learn codes or something like that what would be the procedure.

Thanks in advance for your help, time and consideration.

Josep

Hosting Services by ipHouse