Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday January 13, 2010 at 09:35
vbova27
July 2006
One thing I really like about the software is that it really let's you create a control system (with remotes revolving around a processor) - with the exception of the MX-3000. This is useful if you want to create a system of 2 or greater remotes in a household sharing the same rack equipment. Integratinging an MSC-400 gives you pretty good control. (agin with the exception of the 3000).

Here's what I don't like if I may be critical:

There is absolutely no ease of use in regard to graphic creation. Anyone who wants to integrate and manage their own graphics this is not a very good place ot do it. For one, there is no way other than the crazy snap to and coordinates function to allow you to align graphics and center them. There is no auto-resize of anything (not even backgrounds, and there is no way to easily replace icons (both pressed and unpressed state) in an easy way by dragging and droping. Last, there is no way to line objects up based on the alignment of another object which would be useful. You have to basically chart it out with XY coordinates.

To finish, lack of channel macro utility or a search and replace utility (Pronto, RTI, Nevo and many others have these functions).

However, it gets the job done for me and note this is friendly criticism. These are just some of the features about that bother me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse