The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 12, 2010 at 20:37
AndyM
Founding Member
March 2002
We already know that placing a ZM24 anywhere near a WAP seriously hurts the zigbee performance... with no WAP in the area, the zigbee range is as advertised. The question is, how far is far enough between ZM24 and WAP? It might be several months before I put a WAP into the house.

I just spent the afternoon adding three T2CZ remotes into a system that consisted of several RK3s and a T3VZ. The T3VZ has been in place and working perfectly for the last 6 months or so. The ZM24 is in the basement, about two feet from the theater/house audio equipment. I am able to take the T2CZ remotes to all corners of the house with no drops (not a small house... 4000 sqft plus indoor pool) With the current firmware installed, the zigbee "reconnects" in less than 3 seconds (even after being off for 20+ minutes).

I am going to add a second ZM24 (even if it's just temporary) to the system sometime next week, just so I can get a grasp on setting up a system with more than one.

My point in rambling all this? There is FAR to much negativity flowing around here. This is so that all of you understand that it works great if you set things up properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse