The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday January 7, 2010 at 12:26
Gorignak
Long Time Member
December 2005
I have a question, blakrj: have you EVER sat down at your keyboard and typed something that WASN'T inflammatory?

You've navigated specifically to a forum of professional system integrators, saying all kinds of stupid crap that makes it abundantly clear you've never once sat and listened to a client who wants a home theater installed, begging for everyone's attention by spouting off your market doomsday predictions, based on the same kinds of information that have caused smart-but-so-focused-they're-effectively-idiots tech geeks to predict the rise of some technology or another over the solutions that work quite well for 98% of everyone except yourself. IP-based integration is coming. We get that. We're on it.

I can't make you do a thing. I get that. But would you PLEASE put your money where your mouth is, get the hell off the EXACT specific online forum where you KNEW your words would only serve to start an argument, and go start your new development career putting installers like me out of business? PLEASE?

We get it, really: you're all pissy that your MX-6000 doesn't run Firefox or whatever, and you can't use it as a control portal from your Mac OS Look-At-Me-I've-Got-Ten-Percent-Market-Share notebook. Alright already. But guess what? These products aren't designed for whiny geeks. They're designed for system integrators like me whose clients are very happy to bring in a pro to make it all work for them. You're not that guy. We get it. But all your bitching and moaning isn't going to make URC, RTI, Crestron, or AMX abandon their established markets. You only understand the market from the perspective of what Mr. Whineypants wants. Your posts make it clear that you do NOT understand the custom installation market or the products that installers need to service it.

So please put up or shut up. Quit your day job. Dust off that notebook and start that development effort, oh genius of the system control market. Show us how we've all been doing it wrong all these years. But until you've got a solution we're all ready to jump ship for, we're begging you to go play somewhere where you're surrounded by people who give a crap about what you've got to say. Because here, all you're doing is picking fights, reveling in the sense of superiority you get from saying things online that you'd never, ever walk into a room full of custom installers and say.

Oh and... have a nice day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse