The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday January 3, 2010 at 14:30
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 29, 2009 at 16:22, rxtrom said...
Hello all,

Im new to the forum and i have a Harmony 1000 and 890. Needless to say i have done some research and want a MX-980.

I know that the software for this particular remote is only available through the auth reseller and not even the website. SO can someone point me to an auth reseller that has been willing to give the software with sale of the remote.

My local reseller is not willing to give software and wants to sell the remote, rf extender and programming for $1350. Upgrades are $50 to $100 if i change equipment.

IF NOT..

I am open to other URC remotes with RF capabilites as my equip is in another room. With software that i can download from their website.

Thanks,
Rob

Dealers aren't authorized to give out the software. They're also not authorized to sell the remotes over the internet. That's why these models are only available through custom integrators and dealers- URC doesn't want to be deluged by customer calls, not that I'm saying you can't handle the programming but most people either can't, or don't want to, program their own remote.

Look into the consumer level remotes. They can't be customized and don't have the assignability for the IR outs but they do work. Also, the MX-450 is a good one, but it doesn't use a computer to program it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse