The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 31, 2009 at 21:18
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
Client has complained that more and more often, the system will turn on by itself or change to a different source by itself. Sometimes when coming home, the system will be on when she knows it was turned off when she left.

T3, RP-1, Integra AVR, CD, & DVD, Comcast, Samsung LCD. This is a system that has worked for a couple years now, just fine.

I was there today connecting the new Wii. Watching the cable box, suddenly sound went dead - the DVD had turned on (was off) and AVR switched to DVD input.

I moved the RP-1 so it's about 5 feet away from the components (especially the DVR) just in case there may have been interference. Other than an occasional flicker, no RF activity seen - I've seen very little interference problems with these, ever. A few minutes later when I had the Wii displayed on the TV, it switched the AVR to the cable input and I was watching TV. All by itself. All the while the T3 is idle, dark screen, in its charging cradle.

I swapped out the RP-1 for test and will keep you posted. Anyone see an RP-1 go flaky and try to run the system by itself?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse