Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday December 31, 2009 at 18:37
anyhomeneeds
December 2007
On December 31, 2009 at 11:42, mariomp said...
Well, I think this is a scheme to make people think the post office works better than it does.
Hmm, my Netflix movies, the ones that I put in the blue box Sunday, to be picked up Monday by 7am, didn't clear Netflix until 4pm on Tuesday, which is later than any other time I've ever seen them clear. That could be because of X-Mas of course, but it definitely didn't get sorted and delivered any earlier than when I dropped off movies in mailboxes marked 3:15PM pickup, or even when I went inside the Post Office drop-off slot right before 7PM (might have been 6:30PM, can't remember for sure).

My father-in-law works at a post office and laid it out for me:
.Blue boxes picked up get delivered to local post office by different route drivers throughout the day.
.Pick-ups from homes and businesses get brought to local branch.
.Local branches sort all incoming in the afternoon/evening into bins/bags to be picked up in the evening by one of the big trucks.
.Local deliveries goto main post office in area, to be rerouted to other local branches, on big trucks in the morning.
.Then it get's sorted at local branches and out to the carriers.

You dropped off your movie Sunday night, it was picked up Monday morning around 7, but didn't leave the local branch untill that evening, then went to main branch to then goto Netflix's local branch Tuesday morning. It being the holiday season, I'm sure both the Post Office and Netflix were down some employees, so it took longer to get out of your que.

So my only question is, why even post the pickup times?

It's the government, they have to post everything irrelevant to confuse us.

Just list the latest pickup time, and give the Post Office the flexibility to adjust multiple intra-day pickup times based on trends and historical data.

That would require common sence, whcih the government does not have.

Or does that make too much sense and that alone would be a good enough reason for the government agency not to do it?

See above.

Happy New Years.
"You can't fix stupid."

Hosting Services by ipHouse