The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday December 28, 2009 at 21:03
jimstolz76
Loyal Member
December 2007
On December 28, 2009 at 19:34, drewski300 said...
There are no events with the ZRP-6 so there is no need for additional IR engines (other than what you or I want of course). The 2-way stuff won't do anything other than indicate the state of the device or give limited feedback. The feedback is done in the processor and not the IR output.

What I'm saying is that the ZRP-6/RP-6 can only do one "thing" at a time.  It doesn't have the capability to respond to any external triggers (2-way driver, sense, etc) as it would interfere with the one "thing" it can do. 

You can do:

Send IR
Delay
Close relay
Check status of Marantz AVR
Send RS232
etc

in a linear fashion, one step after another.  But what would happen if a sense input went from Low to High in the middle of that and it was supposed to trigger a Sense Event?  It would get "missed".  Same thing would happen if a Marantz AVR was manually turned ON and you had a Driver Event that was supposed to execute a macro when that happened.  If the ZRP-6 was "busy" then where would your Driver Event macro go?  Nowhere.  It doesn't get queued, it doesn't stop whatever the processor is already doing, it just goes unnoticed.  So what would be the point in including Driver or Sense events?

My point is that I highly doubt a firmware update will allow the ZRP-6 to do Driver and Sense events in the future. (I was really hoping this was the case)  I was just explaining what I think is the reasoning behind the lack of included features.  I don't think the architecture exists... but I hope I'm wrong....

Hosting Services by ipHouse