The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday December 9, 2009 at 11:25
dalto
Long Time Member
July 2005
On December 8, 2009 at 22:13, Mister House said...
I am more lost than ever:( I don't see how there is 7 different codes for 1 Receiver. I have tried copying over buttons but there are way more functions that are misplaced through different codes. Is it possible to combine all the codes into 1 file?

I would try starting with the "Main" code. It should have all the hard buttons correct. You should be just missing a few functions. From there figure out what specific things are missing and then either copy them in form other devices or just use the learning function to learn them.

On December 9, 2009 at 02:17, Eastside A/V said...
...that said there is another trick where by you create your primary control profile (file), save it, email it to yourself...download and save under a different name; open it add all the random devices you want to it, save it and close it. open the other file and use the universal browser feature and open the 'other-demo/extra device' file and drag and drop codes to the button location (or macro areas) you want.

I am confused, why would you email it to yourself? If you want to work with codes in your current file in the universal browser you can just save and open it up in the browser. I don't think it needs to have a different name.

On December 9, 2009 at 02:17, Eastside A/V said...
otherwise I'd recommend seeing if you can still return it and upgrade to the 880 or 980 and pay for programming (or negotiate to where the seller will give you a copy of the software to program it). You'll thank yourself a little bit in the short run, emensly in the long run.

But won't he have the same problem with an mx-880? That being that the code database has multiple specialized devices for his receiver. Either way he is going to have to combine the devices. It may be done more efficiently in the other editors but the general concept is still the same.

Plus, in the mx-880 he is going to lose power state tracking and the help menu. I certainly understand why someone who had to program these one a regular basis would not want to use the MX-810 software but really it is pretty nice for someone who wants a wizard based approach and has a fairly simple setup.

Hosting Services by ipHouse