Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 8, 2009 at 00:25
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
Can I fake IF/ELSE statements on a MX3000? I've kind of heard I can nest Variable macros and make it work but I'm not thinking so.

I also have an MSC400 which I can do the flags and tracking on, but I have multiple MX3000's in the system so I have to make copies of each flag. Which it may be easier to make duplicate copies of every device so that each MX3000 has 5 sources for Living room, 5 sources for Family Room, 5 sources for M.Bedroom....etc.

I'd rather just use some flag logic, create each source page once then be done, however this also means that I can't just add new remotes to the system (well more whole house MX3000's) b/c each MX3000 would have to have its own set of flags on the MSC.

Here is the process I tried on the MX3000 Editor
I made 8 variables on the 3000 Editor, one for each room. Then I created a page that has 6 of the rooms (the rest have VC's) I then made a VOL+, VOL- and MUTE button for each room.

Then on each button I did the macro as follows,
* Select the VARIABLE MODE optioin

* Select Variable that I'm using (example living room ON)

* Change from "0" to "1" (which changes the macro screen, same as the press and hold option, as if I can have two macros, one if the variable is "0" and one if the variable is "1") so i make so that if the variable is "0" nothing happens, but if "1" then sends AVR command.

* I do that for all rooms

* Then I build a macro on the Main VOL + Button that goes through and presses each of those VOL + buttons.

BUT, on the macro ALIAS' I have the option to use "0/Before" or "1/After" What does this mean? Is this asking which command to run, if so then this is really more like a toggle and not a nested IF/ELSE statement.

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

What do you think is the best way to go about this?
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse