The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 24, 2009 at 22:45
JoeyCes
One In A Million
May 2004
I recently picked up a Canon 7D. I've been using an Xti since 2007 and purchased a 50D right before the 7D came out. I almost kicked myself in the butt when I saw the features of the 7D, so I took a chance and returned the 50D (which is a sweet camera) for the 7....

Well, I am just amazed at what this thing can do. Mainly, the 1080p 24/fps video this thing records. I am seriously just blown away.

I purchased the mini HDMI to go directly from camera to panel, and the video is so crisp, clear and smooth, it truly looks better than any blu-ray I have ever seen.

I shoot with a 17-40L f/4 lens, and when I recently went to Turks and Caicos, I shot video of just about everything, and its just amazing how the sensors on these cameras (which are bigger than any consumer HD video camera) take such vivid video.

The 720p is very nice as well, although the native file sizes (1080p & 720p) are just about the same.

Anyone else shooting their own HD video, and what are your thoughts on playback/quality? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Oh yeah, the photos are nice too! =-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse