The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,331 made on Tuesday November 10, 2009 at 15:26
Torque
Lurking Member
October 2009
I have been trolling these forums for a while and did some searching today but just can't seem to decide what might be best for me. I live in Clarkson, southwest corner of Mississauga near the lake. I built myself a home made 4 bay antenna which I got 7 HD channels from the CN tower when I tested it in the window in my living room, so I plan to attic mount it and aim directly for the CN tower. My highest priority is CBS for the winter olympics for right now.

I want to plan on a seperate roof mounted antenna on a small mast just to aim for Buffalo stations (since Toronto and Buffalo towers are about 90 degrees apart for me). Has anyone close to my area tried either a 4-bay channel master or an 8-bay aimed for Buffalo? I am totally confused as to which I should get. I would like to get NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS... I don't really care if I get Fox or not because I have not watched it in years. I don't care about analog, just digital. With so many ideas out there I am unsure if I should get a 4bay or 8bay, amped or not! Hoping someone out there has actually done it near me.

I would consider a CH7777 or whatever it's called amp.. to filter FM transmissions because I am about 1km from a few radio towers and am concerned about interference, as well as would like to get great reception quality whenever possible from any stations I want to watch/record directly into an HTPC NTSC tv tuner card. That would probably not be purchased initially unless needed, because it would be hard to authorize with the wife. since I'm using a TV tuner I am not sure I will be able to see a numerical signal meter to tell me the signal strength percentage.

can anyone recommend a standard PCI true dual tv tuner? there do not seem to be too many of them with PCIex1 taking over, but I only have one PCIe tuner in my HTPC and have no more slots for more.

Hosting Services by ipHouse