Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Tuesday October 6, 2009 at 01:40
GerryA51
Long Time Member
April 2008
Wow. well, here we go.
1. 39 cent caught me. When I get my graphics changed with simple, I'll post it up and show you!!:)OOPS!
2. just fyi for those who havent seen it, prodigy wiring is a joke. Seperate power supplies for each component, and ehternet. The only cresnet is for the gateway, and it comes preterminated in the box. Other then that, standard A/V hookups.
3. There is no update firmware tag in the prodigy boxes. I screwed up and didnt update. Not the first time I screwed up, only the second.
D. I've seen Devil Dog on tv, and he does play an excellent jerk. I was convinced.
7. Evohome is my new best friend. The checks in the mail buddy!:)
Q. Updates aside, I find it odd when a product wont work, then works, then goes back to not working without any hardware change, and the only software change is to reload a program. I've found that often the techs in the field know more about glitchy stuff with products then the manufactuers do, so I was curious if anyone else had seen these issues. I know I touched the holy grail that is crestron without my ten year caip card, but I've got a big brass set so I asked anyways.

AT NO POINT DID I CLAIM TO BE A MASTER CRESTRON PROGRAMMER. I firmly believe to be a great crestron programmer, the majority of what you do needs to be crestron programming. My position doesnt allow me to do that. However, I do need to know how it works, how to hook it up, what it is capable of doing or not doing, and how to work with our programmers to make it work when there is an issue. I have spent countless hours sitting with our programmers working on issues, and have seen what it takes to make this stuff work sometimes. Just because I dont write the code, doesnt mean I dont know anything about it. Ive reread everything in this thread, and at no point did i bash any product, or make any statements that should call my credibility into question based on the fact I'm not a "real" crestron programmer.
Quality over quanity, that's how I make my mistakes....

Hosting Services by ipHouse