The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday October 1, 2009 at 20:12
thxext
Long Time Member
December 2005
Ok, to ensure that I have done my due diligence I have read and re-read the Protocol for this projector.   I am now very comfortable that I am sending the right codes. This is my understanding.

The data/code being sent to the projector must contain 8 sets (B0-B7) of hex codes per command.

B0) Per the protocol, the first byte will always be 0xA9, which from my understanding should be entered in to the hex field as A9.

B1&B2) The second and third bytes should be the item number. To figure out what I need to type here, I need to refer to the Appendix Table 1 and type the upper byte and lower byte for the code I need. For any command that is listed as a “15BIT CATEGORY” or “20BIT CATEGORY,” I would use 17h (15bit Cat) or 19h (20bit Cat) for the upper byte, entered in to the hex field as either 17 or 19 and refer to either Table4 or Table5 for the lower byte. Looking at Table4 for “POWER OFF,” I would type 17 for the upper and 2F for the lower.

B3) The fourth byte has to do with the type of communication. For remote functions, this should always be “Set data” (0x00) and typed as 00 in the hex field.

B4) For the purpose of sending remote commands, the fifth field will be dummy data (0x00) and should be typed as 00 in the hex field.

B5) The sixth field is taken from Table2 and determines what is being asked for. For example, if in step 2&3, I want to set an input, step 6 tells the projector which input I want.

B6) The seventh byte is the checksum. This is probably the most difficult part of determining what hex code to enter. The protocol states, “B1 to B5 are calculated by OR.” For this SONY Projector, I calculated the checksums as indicated in the examples below. NOTE: if any byte between B1 and B5 were 0, I did not include them.

-------B0-B1-B2-B3-B4-B5-B6-B7
On - --A9-17-2E-00-00-00-3F-9A
B1-B2-B3-B4-B5
17-2E-00-00-00

17 - 10111
2E -101110
IS= 111111 or 3F

Full On code entered = "A9, 17, 2E, 00, 00, 00, 3F, 9A" (without the quotes)

B7) The last byte should always be 0x9A and should be entered in to the hex field as 9A.

I think my issue is that the codes are somehow not reaching the projector correctly. I checked the port in the software and even tried other ports. I double checked all the other settings too. When I hit test in the software, I see the blue light on the MSC-400 come one. Could the issue be with using a gender changer? Is there something in the projector menu that I need to get to enable the RS-232 port? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse