The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday September 26, 2009 at 08:59
adt2
Lurking Member
September 2009
On September 25, 2009 at 22:08, Fins said...
I hope your next post is to tell about how you "slipped in the shower" and have to get your remote surgically removed from your rectum.

Huh? Not sure what slipping the shower has to do with...well, with anything, but maybe I'm missing a remote-control-geek inside joke.

Back to the topic at hand: I got to looking at the guts of this thing with my electronics lady (I work for a manufacturer of heavy oilwell tools, and we design and build our own PCB assemblies - so we were well within her comfort zone), and it turns out that the loose wire I found was actually not a loose wire - it was the RF antenna. What had happened was that when I pushed the battery down in order to show her that when I touched the wire the thing came back to life, it was the act of pushing on the battery that actually brought it back to life - NOT messing with the wire.

So, I've got to do a little more disassembly to get to the real root of the problem; it appears to be something beneath the battery compartment, between the PCB and the keypad.

Hosting Services by ipHouse