Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 23, 2009 at 18:01
adt2
Lurking Member
September 2009
Hello, all -

A couple of weeks back, I dropped my MX-950 onto the wood floor. Ever since, it has worked ONLY when sitting on the recharging base. The instant I lift it off the base, it goes totally dead, and then reboots when it is placed back on the base again. It seems obvious to me that something inside has been jogged loose.

I submitted two requests via URC's website for RMA numbers, and never received so much as a confirmation email from them. Finally, I picked up the phone and called them, went through the whole story, and was finally told the cost would be a flat fee of $200 (!) to repair it. I told the guy no f**king way was I spending $200 to have a connector plugged back in, thank you very much.

So I'm fiddling with this thing, and I can't figure out how to get the case apart so I can attempt the repair myself. Anybody have any ideas? I'm not real concerned about scratching the case at this point, since a free-but-with-a-scratched-case repair is better than a $200-but-with-a-defect-free-case repair.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse