The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 20, 2009 at 21:01
jpap33
Lurking Member
August 2009
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie on the forums here and been trying to digest everything here.

I've had a logitech 890 since they came out and was really happy with it. I struggled getting it to work with my x-10 light controls but it works most of the time now. By 890 finally stepped into the grave after a few good years of work.

I'm looking for the ultimate replacement. I really liked the reviews of the Philips ProntoPro NG TSU7000 and was leaning towards that.

My question to all of you is, is there an option out there that has both the IR and RF in one remote without having to get the other addons and is still a great universal remote. The way I read about the tsu700 is that I would still have to have a converter for the rf to work with the x-10 I will still have to get the adapter for the ps3 which I don't have an issue with, but I would love to get rid of the x-10 converter that I have now for my 890 as it seems to be hit and miss.

Is there anything that would also control my fan which is controlled with a hunter remote (hardwired to circuit--just a remote--no wall switch)

I appreciate everyones help--and if I missed a forum that this was already discussed, feel free to yell at me and point me in the right direction--i attempted to search for it.

Joe
Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse