The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Thursday July 16, 2009 at 10:16
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On July 15, 2009 at 19:01, bnokes@AAVViD said...
i have been reading Developers Guide Pronto Script Jan08 1.1 is there other one. I still need some samples. I am working only on the volume controls first and then i will move on.

I am just stuck on calling up the Equipment & Codes for my Project Components: for the Vol + / -
Now ?

in Activity Properties and you click on Vol + / - then i have a Function: VOLUME UP on Pioneer Elite - AV Receiver - Main Zone All models V2 - Ext_0_P1
FYI Component Location: Ext_0_P1 = Extender 0 IR Port 1

Brand Name is: "Pioneer Elite"
Component Type is: "AV Receiver"
Model Name is: "Main Zone All Models V2
Control Type is: "IR"
// this will call for the extender ? right?
var i = CF.extender[0].input[1];

CF.widget("AllOn", "2", "DVD"):

i am just trying to put this all together from start to end so the volume button on the controller will volume up or down on the pioneer av receiver from the IR database

Make sure that your 'DVD' activity has a ProntoScript name (not the name that shows up in the tree) of 'DVD'.

Make sure that the '2' activity has a ProntoScript name of '2'.

You do not need to use extender to do this as you are sending IR. In the Activity Properties (PEP1) or Component Properties (PEP2), you assign the extender and IR port for the activity or component that contains the IR code.

It appears you are using PEP2 from your quote above. Therefore, add an extender to project (search F1 help) and then set your receiver component to use said extender and specify the IR port that should be used.
This is how you route IR to an extender.

Might I suggest that you go to Philips site and register to become certified on this remote? There are PDFs that are made available when you do that will help explain all of this a bit better. You might even consider attending an online training class or 2.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse