Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday June 2, 2009 at 00:55
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
Regarding programming:

I am still trying to decide on the Apple TV or the Escient FP1 to use on a K4 and in a theater.

I understand with the ATV that I will have to use the AA piece to convert the video and mantain the component.

I spoke with RTI today and they confirmed that 7.0 is available on Friday! They also informed me that neither option of what I am trying to do is viable.

Basically, I have an idea for a program where all room volume and source icons are ALWAYS available at the top of the screen in a "frame" taking up about 1.5 inches of the top of the K4. I dont want to deviate from this for ANY source. I want to use either the K4 or ATV as a media source.

The ATV window might be too small to read if I used buttons adjacent to the window object and maintained the top frame.

The FP1 using the old control object is clunky and not very intuitive.

According to RTI today, the new 2way screen for the FP1 will require the entire screen. This eliminates my original design.

Autonomics hasnt launched their ATV solution yet.

RTI says a 2 way solution for ATV is in the works as well as the ability to overlay buttons on a video feed.

So basically I have to stall the project until something becomes available. I dont want to install and program the old Escient object and then have RTI release the new ATV options after.

Any suggestions?

How would a 70% or so window (4.5 inches) show an Apple TV? This would leave room for control buttons on the side and maintain the top frame. But would it be too small to view/control?

Last edited by SOUND.SD on June 2, 2009 01:40.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse