The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,162 made on Monday May 18, 2009 at 18:19
BillFromGI
Long Time Member
March 2009
On May 18, 2009 at 14:45, Ernie Bornn-Gilman said...
144 pages of posts about Toronto and Buffalo? How to explain that? I see why it's got a sticky -- people just keep adding to it!

I imagine this is Daniel's home town crowd. I also imagine this must be a crazy TV station area.

Is this thread so popular because there are lots of you in that area, or does Daniel advertise the site on the sides of busses? What gives?

Ernie, The Buffalo-Toronto area has always been a big OTA place. I vividly remember in the 70's my father having a rotary antenna installed on top of our house in Buffalo. CBC was the only station for hockey back then as the USA stations and networks pretty much shunned the sport. I would spend hours in front of the TV turning that rotor to see what could be picked up. I remember one night at 4 in the morning when WKBW would go off the air, then suddenly channel 7 from Detroit came in. I sat there amazed watching Madonna's 1st video! I tried for a few weeks thereafter trying to get Detroit again but no dice.. . Also have memories of watching the R rated films that CHCH (Hamilton channel 11) would televise at night. I think 9 (CFTO) did the same thing back then too...

Nowadays I live in an apartment and have to make do with a homemade 4-bay bowtie pointed towards the CN tower. I do have Time Warner here but prefer the OTA channels. It bowtie works great and pulls in CBC at full strength. One day I'm gonna sneak in the attic here and rig up everyones unused 2nd CATV jack with a homemade bowtie of Hoverman... :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse