The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday April 30, 2009 at 06:35
kmlingenfelter
Long Time Member
December 2008
I use a Gyration GO 2.4 Optical Air Mouse and Compact Keyboard Suite - 2.4GHz USB wireless mouse. It has a small computer keyboard and an "Air" mouse. That is a mouse that can be used in the air and does not need to be on a flat surface. The mouse allows one to drag and drop songs or videos from the Windows Media Player library to the play list. You can play, stop, skip and FF with the mouse alone. I only use the keyboard when I need to enter characters (e.g. installing software product keys). Windows Media Player does not need characters to operate. The beauty of this device is friends don't need to learn anything, just use the mouse as one normally would on a PC. And the HTPC can be operated overall just like a PC. When having a party I just get out the mouse. An added benefit is that people can drag and drop songs while dancing (using just air mouse). If they are inebriated this can be quite amusing to watch. I found that all of the more complicated PC remotes were too difficult to use not only for me but my wife and other people. The air mouse is intuitive.

Hosting Services by ipHouse