The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday April 19, 2009 at 23:13
JoeyCes
One In A Million
May 2004
On April 19, 2009 at 19:12, Slimfoot said...
The PSX-2 is the best dock currently available. The above statement surely hits home though. I own both, and I lean more toward the ATV. My main concern is the iPod is portable, so when it is away from home what is the music source? If you go with a dedicated iPod for home plus the price of a dock, it gets a little pricey. I really like my ATV.

ATV is great, and has a market of its own.

The ipod / dock solution is a different market, in my opinion. Somone who needs music to be centrally located, and always available surely would not consider the ipod/dock as the sole music source.

I, on the other hand, never need to have the music stored in my house while I am not there, since my wife enjoys completely different music than I do, and she has her own Ipod.

I enjoy the ability to sort, categorize & make playlists only once, and have that exact layout where ever my ipod will end up, wether in my truck, or in the garage, or on the boat, or at a friends houses. I really enjoy the portability aspect of ipod/docking/plugging, rather than the stationary aspect of the ATV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse