Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 22, 2009 at 18:19
macdonm2
Long Time Member
January 2008
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am writing an application to a Linn Kivor, and I want to download all of the album and track information to the Pronto to allow me to scroll through all of my albums.

At the moment, the only way that I can talk to the server is using a Sync socket on the Pronto but this obviously locks the device while this is operation. When I use a for next loop to run through approx 700 albums, the most that I can download is about 500 before the for-next loop times out.

What I would really like to do is to use an Async socket to talk to the Kivor, but I cannot seem to get any response when I try Async. I suspect that the Kivor is not closing the socket after responding, but even trying to force the socket closed does not have the desired effect.

The code I am using for Sync socket is shown below. The Kivor will always send a '~' at the end of a message so I have tried looking for this on the incoming string and then closing the socket based on this, but this does not seem to work.

I am new to Javascript, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

------------------------

if (message_counter==62)
message_counter=0;
else;
message_counter++;
var socket = new TCPSocket(true);
socket.connect('192.168.1.100', 6789, 3000);
var message_out = "#pronto#@"+zone+"@"+message_number[message_counter]+msg+"~";
get_checksum(message_out);
socket.write(message_out+checksum+"\r\n");
var output = socket.read(500,200);