The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Thursday March 19, 2009 at 21:08
jack D
Long Time Member
August 2006
On March 18, 2009 at 13:39, Barry Gordon said...
Thanks for the compliment and faith, however I have no experience with very long HDMI runs (my longest is about 50 feet being from the DVDO Edge scaler to the JVC projector).

There is quite a market out there for devices to extend HDMI runs using several technologies. Gefen has a decent rep and at the recent EHx show which I attended there were quite a few vendors selling gear to extend HDMI cable lengths.

As a matter of practice I use good HDMI cables but not the outrageous ones. I get them from monoprice or cablestogo and I generally use an 8" extension stub for the final connection to the component at each end so that the thick hard to bend cable is no longer a problem. I tie it, the thick cable, down to the sliding shelf that the component sits on. At the PJ I used a right angle adapter as the cable was coming down from the ceiling, but the PJ jack was horizontal.

I have a 40 foot run with bluejeans cable HDMI. No problems. Yes it's fat. I have cable runway from Hellerman Tyton (sp?) and I use cable ties to manage. Works just fine.

If I did this run to my second room, however, it would probably be in the range of 100 feet. It's probably a nutty idea but sometimes it's just fun to try just to learn something new....;-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse