The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 19, 2009 at 15:41
tomswell
Lurking Member
October 2003
Over the years I've bought into X10 in a big way, primarily using the cheapest WS467 wall dimmers, many of which are clustered in groups of 4 in the attic. Most control locations are either Leviton 16400 or Keypadlinc controllers.
The new kitchen remodel has 19 can lights [ 4 groups ] and ideally they should be "eco green" florescent bulbs (more powerful leds are still too expensive) .... I've discovered that the inexpensive WS467 modules will switch a group of florescent bulbs as long as one of the bulbs in the group is incandescent.
What's the best solution. I've got plenty of room in the attic for adding a "dummy load" on each group .... resistor or another bulb. I tried an appliance module (AM466) I had laying around and it weirdly turned itself on in the middle of the night seemingly randomly with no recorded signal on the Indigo 3 event log ? My wife hates X10 due to events like this. We just installed 3 expensive 12V pendent style accent lights in the new kitchen, each with it's own transformer , as a group. As soon as I insert one 12V bulb the controlling KeypadLinc fails to control any of the kitchen groups ? If I add an incandescent to the above mentioned accent group of transformers (similat to the florescent bulb groups) the problem goes away. Again my wife thinks X10 is full of crap! I tend to be thrifty and don't relish the idea of buying a heap of appliance relay modules.
any thoughts on this subject will be most appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse