The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday March 8, 2009 at 10:44
bramfrank
Lurking Member
March 2009
First of all, X10 modules seem to have a problem with Halogen lighting - because the resistance change is larger for Halogen than for Tungsten lights and also because of issues with electrical noise (for some reason) any time I have ever used Halogen lighting I got random light operation.

Also, the CM11a does not like to be plugged into an unterminated RS-232 cable - lots of noise picked up on the cable which seems to load the CPU in the device - keeping the cable plugged into the computer OR removing the CM11a end of the cable resolves the problems.

DST issues? Not with Activehome 1.42 running on my XP/SP2 machine.

Note though that you cannot set the start and end dates in different years. It would have made more sense if they'd used a 'month/week' specifier rather than hard dates, because you have to go in every year and adjust the settings.

I DO have issues where the computer seems to 'forget' that it is connected to a CM11a . . I have to exit and restart the program - but ten I only need to load Activehome in order to make changes or manually control a light when I'm sitting at my computer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse