Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 705 made on Friday February 27, 2009 at 15:17
411avatar
Long Time Member
October 2003
Lyndel:

Pretty good suggestion, but it doesn't quite do what I want, which is to also have an artist name level in addition to the disc name level (since there's not enough room to fit both on a line). But your suggestion did spur me to try some more, and I came up with something better than my last fumbling attempt. I map Padded_Disc_Number to Artist Name, Artist_Name to Disc Name, and Disc_Name to Track Name (underscored names refer to columns in the .csv file), then I choose Discs -> Tracks for List Level (it needs a Track Number field in order to get to the Track hierarchy level, so I just use a column of all 1's for this). The output ccf now contains only 2 levels, down from my previous 3, and looks much better. I'm still stuck with the same problem as before on my new second level: even if I choose "No space" for Breaks, I can only fit 2 entries on a page with "Full Width Buttons Only - 21 pixels" -- there's a lot of white space (it fits 3 entries with "SNL Classic...", but there's still some wasted white space if you ignore the round button, which I don't need). So here's a question: Is the screen formatting hard-coded, or will it try to pack in the maximum number of entries if I use override graphics? (I could answer this for myself if I went to the trouble of ginning up new, narrower graphics, but maybe you remember the answer off the top of your head.)

I had to laugh at your Short Name story. I, too, am constantly discovering new and wonderful things about SNL. I guess that shows how empty my life is. :-)

Art

Hosting Services by ipHouse