Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday February 27, 2009 at 11:35
pronto_me
Lurking Member
February 2009
Thank you for your response Lyndel.

1. On the RFX9600 that controls the Pioneer Receiver (VSX-94TXH), I am only using Port #1 for RS232, but all of the IR ports are being used. It always starts when we are using the volume (hard buttons). I have them programmed to control the volume when it is held down, possibly the unit is responding and crashing it.

2. I am only using one-way communication currently.

3. It is possible that the volume situation is causing this, but I am not sure how to check whether or not the buffer is getting filled up.

As I said in my first post, in the past most of the time a reboot of the TSU9600s and the RFX9600s has been a fix. A couple times I have had to reflash all of the firmware, but this time neither of those situations has been a fix. The other odd issue is once the RS232 fails on one RFX9600, the other one follows within a few minutes. I was hoping that moving to these remotes/extenders would be even more stable than my old ProntoPros, but now I'm surprised that my 5 year old remotes were more stable than these. The IR works flawlessly, its just the RS232 that keeps failing. I'm pretty sure its nothing to with the remotes because they keep working for IR communication with the RFX9600s and they still work for IP control of my VUDU.

I have sent a couple of emails to Philips in the past, but they don't respond.

Hosting Services by ipHouse