The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 701 made on Wednesday February 25, 2009 at 17:21
411avatar
Long Time Member
October 2003
OK, I'm on an SNL tear now, and I have a new request: in addition to selecting disks using the Letter-->Artist-->Disk hierarchy, I'd like to be able to use SNL so I can browse my collection, ordered by disk number. What I've been able to do so far is disable the Alphabet page, map disk numbers (padded with leading zeroes to get the sorting right) to Artist Name, map artist name to Disk Name, and map disk name to Track Name (the mapping is done by assigning column numbers when I import my .csv file). There are a couple of problems with this: first, since there's a 2-digit limitation on track numbers, I can't directly select a disk number >99; no big deal. Second (and a slightly bigger deal), although the first hierarchy level is nicely compressed on the screen (I use "No space betweeen items"), I can only fit 2, or at most 3, entries on a screen for the second hierarchy level (which shows disk number and the associated artist) and the third hierarchy level (which shows artist name and disk name). (I hope this is making sense.) So, here's my question: am I going about this all wrong? Is there a better way to accomplish what I want? Is there any way to fit more entries on a screen for the second and third hierarchy levels? Can pigs fly?

Hosting Services by ipHouse