Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday February 24, 2009 at 02:47
Evohome
April 2008
On February 23, 2009 at 04:59, vdUnknown said...
Yes you are correct, I have assigned the extender in the browser to ip 192.168.1.1 and in PEP2 I went to System properties > Network > Wireless > With wireless extender in network mode > SSID Broeck, Encryption WEP64, Password ****. IP setting: Fixed IP: adress: 192.168.1.1
In the pop window for adding extenders I did not add 'Fixed IP'

DHCP Address Router: 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.200

instead of using 'for example' , could you just tell me what to fill in? Thanks for you help already.

|There is no WiFi indicator, the router IP is definitely 192.168.1.1.
|

Well, if what you said above is true, then your problem is blatantly obvious. Look at the IP range of your router. ANY NODE ON YOUR LAN HAS TO HAVE AN IP ADDRESS WITHIN THAT DHCP RANGE, WHETHER THE NODE(S) ARE SET UP FOR DHCP OR STATIC IP.

If you set up the RFX on ethernet, and then plug it into your network, and use WiFi on the controller, your ethernet settings on the controller and on the RFX need to match what your router is allowing for traffic. If they're different, the controller won't communicate...

What's more is that you need to make sure that the WEP settings match on the controller with what's broadcast from your router (if it's your WiFi point) or WAP. On top of that, the router or WAP might not communicate with the controller if it is set on a "mixed" broadcast mode. I have a Belkin N1 router at home, and my controller won't communicate with it if the router is set to b,g,n broadcast. It ONLY communicates if the router is set to g only.

By the way, yeah, that's me shouting above. I am trying to piss off the douche above (itsonly) that had to make a new name instead of posting under his real name. Grow some stones dude.

^^^DISCLAIMER^^^
Not directed at anyone on this board, so don't get all upset.

There are a lot of people on here that need to be led around by the hand, that spend so much time asking questions, that they could use less time and learn for themselves. Men built all this stuff, so men should be able to figure it out.

There are other people that figure things out, to the extent that they can, and then ask for help. That's okay- it's how you learn.

I don't mind helping at all (have done it quite a bit), and am sure that I have asked a few stupid questions here and there. We all have a good grasp on one thing or another, and help each other where we can.

^^^END DISCLAIMER^^^

Again, if anyone (itsonly) took the time to read through the posts above, they'd have noticed the posts where the problems are located with this configuration.
If he has a working knowledge of IP configuration, or just paid attention, he might have been able to actually contribute instead of just wasting time bitching.

Now, I have spent about fifteen minutes of my time on here holding hands (which is no big deal) because somebody else decided to be a smart ass.

By the way, to the OP, if you need any more help on this, let me know. I'd be happy to help educate you, so that you can then help somebody else.
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse