The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday February 22, 2009 at 14:47
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
There are current-sensing devices from Xantech that can be connected to PowerSense (input) of RFX9600 that would allow you to determine the power state of the TV and skip wait time if TV is already on. With the latest Mitsubishi DLP I have, I have to report that it did not work. So, as a result, I used ProntoScript and System Globals (System.setGlobal(), System.getGlobal()) to track the state of the TV Power. If the remote thinks the TV is NOT on, then it goes through a 10 second wait with progress bar and then proceeds to setup the system. If, during same session, user returns to home and then re-enters the activity, system has not been powered off so the 10 second wait is skipped.

With regard to understanding... Before the Pro (9600/9400) remotes were availablle, the ONLY way to make something like this happen was to bake-in logic via duplicate sets of pages. Such that, if on the Home Screen, user pressed System Power Off, you jumped to a different page that had basically all the same buttons but with different actions.

For example,

On "hidden" page Home-PowerIsOff you have a 'Watch TV' button that powers on TV, goes through a set of progress screens to wait for the 15 seconds, then sets up the system and jumps to the Watch TV page.

On page Home-PowerIsOn you have a 'Watch TV' button that simply sets up the system and jumps to the Watch TV page.

In your configuration, whenever user presses 'Home' hard button from any activity other than 'Home', you simply jump to Home-PowerIsOn page.

When the user presses the Hard 'Power' hard button, you shut everything down and jump to the Home-PowerIsOff page.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse