Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 12, 2007 at 10:16
rachelc
Electronic House Magazine
August 2007

Tuned In: Best A/V Components of 2007

Receivers, tuners, dvd players and more -- 14 of the best audio and video products of 2007.

Whenever I scan the menu at a restaurant and see the options “half rack” and “full rack” under the baby-back ribs I can’t say I’ve ever been tempted by the half rack. Not that I indulge in ribs often, but that’s part of it – as an indulgence (OK, forget about this if you have dietary restrictions or philosophical restrictions to meat intake), I say go for the full!

So when it comes to electronics, I believe the same holds true for you’re audio/video components rack – indulge and make sure everything’s covered.

Today that may mean an extra component that you could not have purchased a few years ago – the high-definition DVD player. As part of our Products of the Year, we have that category covered among the A/V components, not only honoring Pioneer’s Blu-ray and Toshiba’s HD DVD players but LG’s innovative Super Blu Player that supports both formats.

Your full A/V rack might also need a combination of items such as a mother brain-type of receiver that drives your entertainment system, video processor, amplifier, tuner, HDMI switcher and perhaps an upconverting DVD player if you don’t want Blu-ray or HD DVD yet (and hey, the one we picked from Oppo Digital also plays multi-channel music SACD and DVD-A formats at a bargain price).

So go ahead and whet your appetite for A/V with a helping of our Products of the Year to fill that equipment rack.

For a peek at what’s in EH’s dream equipment rack, check out [Link: electronichouse.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse