The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 1, 2007 at 21:09
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I agree, that definitely is not an HT for me.

Definition of an HT

Screen must be big enough (let's say closest seat must be <=2x screen width - to be extremely inclusive)

there must be a proper surround setup (min 5.1, properly calibrated and set up, just buying a 5.1 system and placing all 5 speakers on the TV does not count)

All seating in the room must face the screen (i.e. this removes most living rooms that would look like this) i.e.

all seating must be in rows (rows don't need to be straight, they can be curved)

each consecutive row must be higher then the previous one.

All things in the room (lighting....) must be designed around the concept of the best movie watching experience.

OTAHD: I don’t like the term dedicated because in the end I don’t think what else they use it for is important. If they use the proscenium (stage) for their kids performances, does it matter? If they use the speakers to listen to music as concert hall, does it matter? If they have a sofa bed or a Murphy bed and use it as a spare bedroom when not watching a movie or if they have a small desk in the back and use it as an office some times, does it matter?

Hosting Services by ipHouse