The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday July 21, 2006 at 20:44
Grego
Long Time Member
September 2004
On July 21, 2006 at 14:21, ddarche said...
They know the current
Pronto line is everywhere on the web at ridiculous
prices and they cannot stop it at this time.
They have lost hundreds of custom installers
because of it and some other issues.

Never a problem for me.Who cares if it is on line for cheaper? So is everything else on my proposal! I give a short explanation of how the remote is shipped as a blank slate and at least 300hrs Programming R&D will be required to get it even a fraction close to what my company provides. Plus who's going to support it?

They want those CI's back and the only way to
get their attention is to make the RF as bullet-proof
as possible and limit who can sell the product.

Is anyone having problems with the RF? Since the new RFX6500 came out, we have had nothing but success. Heck, I even use the emitters on super small and bid jobs!

I would like to see more durable and bigger touchscreens or even a wall mounted touchscreen panel utilizing the same software (would blow away a lot on the market now).

Or how about improving the firmware where it doesn't lock up when buttons are pushed too fast. Part of my initial training is how to take the back cover off and reset!

Or what about their support. Why not make parts available for custom shops like mine with Authorized service centers (sorry Mr. Smith, it will be at least three weeks until the remote comes back and you can use your surround sound set up. By the way it will cost at least $300 too).

I'm still bent on the new remote's size. And why didn't the Pronto Team contact anyone Via this site or us former Beta testers for input? I am not holding my breath with this one...

My .Rant

Hosting Services by ipHouse