The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday July 21, 2006 at 11:24
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
The DVD management interface in my PCF currently consists of around 160 devices. With variable support I could reduce this number by half down to around 80 devices. That alone would reduce the size of my PCF significantly. Currently I have no choice but to duplicate devices. This has to be done so that each duplicated device can contain a specific jump back to the last device and page I was on prior to jumping to the current device. Now even if variable support is introduced I would still like to see a "new" special action which can accomplish this task as well. Said special action would "jump back to the last device and page you were on prior to jumping to the current device". This would at least rid us in most circumstances of having to duplicate devices to accomplish this task. Back to variable support ... with variable support our Pronto's could "monitor" power states only sending the power on or off codes to our gear when needed based on the last power code sent. Other remotes in competition with the Pronto line already offer this. Currently the only work around for this is to include a page asking a question to determine the power state, then followed up by another page asking if you'd like to send the power on or off code as part of the given macro based on your answer to the first question. This is what I've done in my PCF, but with variable support I could do away with all of that if I wish. While I'm on a roll here I'll mention another needed feature that's yet to see the light of day. This feature being the ability to tag a given page not to be included when browsing backwards. The most obvious use for this would be for loading pages. If we could tag loading pages for instance to be ignored (not included in the browse backwards stack) when browsing backwards this would allow for hitting browse backwards one time after a series of loading pages and being taken back to the page prior to the first of the loading pages. This is something that should be supported. Things like loading pages should only be displayed in the remote while a macro is running. The user should not be able to browse backwards through them and why would they want to. What they should be able to do is hit browse backwards one time after a series of loading pages has completed going back to the initial page they were on prior to the first of the loading pages being displayed.

Last edited by Lowpro on July 21, 2006 12:33.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse