The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday July 19, 2006 at 01:03
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
What you are seeing on Philips site is....... marketing.

That often has nothing to do with whether only ideas from the custom installers were included, or only the engineers ideas, or even if the boss's daughter's idea was put in just to keep everyone happy.

This teasing is someone in the marketing department's idea.

I remember on CEDIA where the newest Pronto at the time was kept behind glass and no one touched it.

Sometimes I think companies get ahead of themselves in marketing, and then can't even produce a prototype for a major HT show..... or the prototype is just a shell that doesn't work.

I do believe that Philips has probably included a lot of the good ideas from the CI's, and if a good idea came from outside of the installer realm, then that could be included too.

I think the thrust of the marketing is that at least someone at Philips believes that they are coming out with a remote that the is rock solid on the RF front; quick to program for the CI's; and is exactly what can be included in an installation by a CI.

Whether that proves to be true is another thing.

Some CI's post on here about how much they love a certain remote, and then the next post relates another CI's exact opposite opinion.

MY opinion is that these teaser advertisements are just silly.

Greg
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse