The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 4, 2007 at 13:06
tokey63
Long Time Member
August 2005
I currently have 2 I-pronto remotes & 1 Pronto NG. I was looking to replace my Ipronto remotes because they suck! I was thinking of getting either new Logitech harmony 1000 or Crestron remotes if the reviews suck. I love my ipronto on what i can do with it. The problem is with the wi-fi extender. I have to wait for it to get a connection before it starts working and gives it the sticking button effect. So if i want to pause my TV, it won't pause when i press the button unless the remote is already in ACTIVE communication so usually i would have to turn the volume up or down to start the communication then I can pause when I press the button. That really sucks. So that brings me to my question. I saw the philips is at it again with remotes and saw this TSU9600. I read the installer's brochure and it sounds like a nice remote (so did my Ipronto). I like the fact it has Lutron Radio Ra in it already. That's great. What about this sticking problem. I saw that this communication with wi-fi for Ipronto was frowned upon by many in this forums and how we all asked philips to correct this problem. I want to know if i press a button will it instantly do it and I not have wait 5 secs for it to carry out my command. Does it lock up. WHat is the general TRUE opinion. I would like as many as possible before I even consider buying another Philips remote. Also my Pronto NG works great. Maybe because it uses the RF extender opposed to the Wi-Fi version. Also I would like to know with the RFX 9400, does it have the ability to blast out the signal or do I have to use IR ports and emitters. I noticed on the software you can assign which port it uses for that device. The problem is I have 11 devices in my component closet and my RFX for my Pronto NG. Will my Pronto NG work with new RFX? I doubt it, so let me know that as well.
Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!

Hosting Services by ipHouse