Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday February 10, 2007 at 07:11
eelton
Long Time Member
February 2007
Lyndel-

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right that the code is being sent for too long. I've tried different duration settings, but correct me if I'm wrong here--the setting is labeled as minimum duration, so I would think that a command could be made longer but not shorter (in terms of being truncated prematurely).

This at least appears to be the behavior. Settings above .25 seconds lead to progressively larger jumps in volume. Settings below .25 (I tried down to .01) still give 2-3 db changes at a time.

I realize this is exactly the same issue as in another thread ([Link: remotecentral.com]). It's interesting that that poster had success with a setting of 0.9--he said ms, but I assume he meant seconds. I tried entering .009 (i.e., 9 ms) but it goes back to .01 and 2-3 db volume changes at a time. A setting of .9 seconds leads to a jump of 15 db at a time.

This isn't a huge deal, and I could probably live with it, but it's odd that the TSU1000 works fine in this regard. Incidentally, I updated the 9600 to the latest firmware.

--Eric

Last edited by eelton on February 10, 2007 07:26.

Hosting Services by ipHouse