The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 16, 2007 at 04:49
daveledger
Founding Member
December 2001
I turned up on one of our jobs yesterday to do a bit of corrections to a Pronto RU990.
Got out my laptop started up ProntoProEdit NG and got the "ProntoProEdit NG has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
OK what wrong I was thinking? I then try and run ProntoEdit NG and get the same thing. Now I'm getting worried. I then try ProntoEdit Professional and get the same.

Now I'm VERY Worried.

All other software seems to work fine, only phillips wont work!

I've done a system restore back to a month ago when I know everything was fine, but this did not help

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, still no help

I've done a mem test to check my laptops hardware that’s all ok

The only thing I can think of is that I installed a media player (BSPlayer Pro) the other day. I didn’t like it so I uninstalled it.

I think it’s a problem with a .dll file so I put the media player back on. But this did not help!!!!!!

Now I'm pulling out my hair! I really don’t want to have to blank my laptop and reinstall windows I just have to much stuff on it.

Any help would be great as I've got loads of Pronto work to do next week including our first Pronto Professional which has to go in and I need to finish the xcf!!!!!!!!!!!
TSU9600, TSU9400, RFX9600, RFX9400, RU980, RU950, and the good old RU890 which stilll learns codes none of the others will!

Hosting Services by ipHouse