The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday April 3, 2007 at 09:24
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Yes, so long as you are using scene capable X10 dimmers.

That being said, there is an effective way to integrate lighting control with the play, stop, and pause functions if you don't have scene capable X10 dimmers or lamp modules as is the case with my setup. By using the minimum IR duration feature which can be applied to any given IR code one can create multiple dim and bright codes which run anywhere from .01 seconds to 10 seconds. This will at least give one exact control of how much they want their lighting to ramp up when completely off. In my case I have the lights in my home theater ramp up for 1 second after I've paused a DVD or for 2 seconds if I stop a DVD. Hitting play will always ramp the lighting all the way down, then resuming playback.

Like I said, certainly not the control you will have with scenes, but it gets the job done nicely in this case. I've also made it so you can toggle lighting integration on and off via the button labled, "Lighting w/Play, Stop & Pause" as seen here. When enabled (the default setting) the button is highlighted as seen in the example pic. When disabled the button is no longer highlighted. Simply tap the button to toggle lighting integration on and off. Comes in very handy as I don't always want the state of my lighting to change when hitting up the play, stop, and pause functions.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 18:04.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse