The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday April 1, 2007 at 20:03
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On April 1, 2007 at 19:30, vipercompany said...
Hello,
I'm thinking about purchasing the 9600 or the MX-3000.
I have a few questions for people who already own one.

1. How hard is it to program?

Depends on the skill level of the person doing the programming. There is always going to be an initial learning curve just getting to learn the program and the logic behind it. I find it extremely easy to program myself. If you're already familiar with the editors for the Pronto NG line (PENG/PPENG) then there is virtually nothing new to learn. The program is identical for the most part aside from the configuration settings made under System Properties and even those are self-explanatory.

2. How would I control the room lights if the switches
are out of sight?

You'll need to replace your wall switches which are out of sight with ones which support either X10 or Lutron RadioRA, then adding the additional equipment required so that the TSU9600 can control the lights. X10 is the cheapest way to go. I control a couple lamps in my home theater via X10. In my case all that was required was a couple X10 lamp modules ($20 each or less) and a IR543 ($20-30) used to convert the IR sent by my remote to X10 signals which are in turn passed on to the lamp modules through the electrical lines of my home.

3. How many IR devices can I control with the RFX9400?

Using 4 dual IR emitters cables you'll be able to control 8 devices. This number can be expanded on however, by running any given IR output of the RFX9400 to a IR connecting block instead, then running dual IR emitter cables from the connecting blocks IR outputs to your devices.

4. Is there anyway to get an IR Blaster, so it will control
everything in the component rack?

The RFX9400 does not have an IR blaster. You must run IR emitters to each of your devices.

5. How would I go about controlling the projector that
is located behind me?

Using direct IR you can bounce the IR off of the wall your projector screen is on back to your projector. The better route if you can swing it is to run an IR emitter from the RFX9400 to your projector using an IR emitter extension cable.

Last edited by Lowpro on April 1, 2007 20:09.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse