Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday April 13, 2007 at 23:35
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
All,

I started hooking up my bedroom equipment tonight and wanted to pass this tidbit along. I have an MP-200 (DVDM-100 with no direct changer connection) and wanted to use the Wired-IR-In and connect it to my RFX-9400.

Here's what I found. Very interesting.

All functions from the Escient Remote (non-keyboard) work just fine. Any button learned from the keyboard (the IR codes came from Escient website for Fireball Codeset 1) do not work when connected via the mono cable. However, if I plug an IR emitter into the RFX-9400, everything works just fine. I've tried both low and normal power settings and neither works.

My first assumption was unclean code or need longer duration. Neither approach worked. End result, hang an emitter off the front of the unit.

For the courageous or those who simply hate stick-on emitters on the front of equipment, you can also open up the unit and pop the front plate then stick the emitter inside and run the wire out. Note that there's an opening in the inside front plate where a normal CD ROM drives sits so the only difficulty you might have is finding a hole in the back to run the emitter cable out of for connection to the RF Extender.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on April 14, 2007 18:54.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse