The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday January 9, 2009 at 02:19
dynamica
Long Time Member
January 2009
Thanks for the reply Barry... I was just reading your homepage looking at your software.

I am not totally opposed to using a PC to do the controlling. However, my problem is that I already purchased the Crestron CP2E controller, Crestron CNAMPX-16X60 amp and the Crestron CNX-PAD8A audio switcher. It appears that in order to use any of that stuff I have to use them all.

If I could find something (pc or remote processor) that can send commands to the CP2E controller which could be interpreted by the CP2E, and send the appropriate command via Cresnet to the switcher (vol up/down, source select, mute, power) then that would be the ideal solution.

There must be something out there that I can plug into the Crestron controller (via TCP/IP, IR, or serial) and can send the Crestron the command. I realize I would need to program the Crestron controller to process the command received.

I have written code here and there and can figure out just about anything where there are some examples or documentation.

Thanks a lot.

Hosting Services by ipHouse