Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 6, 2009 at 00:03
dynamica
Long Time Member
January 2009
Hello,

I was wondering what you guys might recommend...

I am putting in a central rack with 2 HD satellite receivers, 1 Home theater PC, 1 Blueray DVD player. I have speakers throughout the home which will connect to an amp back in the rack along with the audio switcher. I will be using a 4x4 HDMI extener/switcher for the above sources.

For remote controls I plan on using a mixture of TSU9400 and TSU9600.

Here is the thing...

Originally I thought I was going to do this whole thing with Crestron. I bought the Crestron 16x60 amp, 8x8 Crestron Audio Switcher and the CP2E controller. I even wired Cresnet cable to all rooms but I think I'd rather use the Pronto because of ease to program and price. Out of the Crestron stuff I already bought I plan on using at least the 16x60 amp and 8x8 audio switcher still. Since the Pronto offers the Serial Extender I thought maybe I could use that instead of the CP2E. However, apparently the 16x60 amp and 8x8 switcher do not have any IR or RS232 controlling and must be done with a Crestron control.

Do you guys think I should control everything with the Pronto Serial Extender (Sat receivers, Blueray, 4x4 Hdmi Switcher)? And somehow find a way to control the Crestron Audio using Pronto Serial Extender to the CP2E controller possibly by RS232? Or maybe just use the CP2E to control everything?

I can provide a lot more information but I think I have already made this too long.

Thanks for reading.

Hosting Services by ipHouse